There are many great non-profit organizations around the county raising awareness and money to help a good cause. There is one in particular that helps children and next month, Chefs from around the county will gather together to introduce amazing food and a fabulous experience to help raise money for Casa de Amparo, a non-profit organization that helps to treat and prevent child abuse and neglect.
This will be the 19th year that this Meet the Chefs event will take place and I love that this event not only promotes local businesses but turns around to help those in our own community.
Established in 1978, Casa de Amparo (Home of Protection) is recognized as a leader in treating and preventing child abuse and neglect in San Diego County and beyond, with locations in Oceanside and San Marcos. The non-profit organization annually serves over 1,000 Casa Kids, from prenatal to 25 years old, as well as over 700 families, through six integrated programs that promote healing, growth, and healthy relationships.
Nutrition is a basic need for Casa Kids that must be met each day. Casa de Amparo provides over 32,000 meals to participants in one year. By attending this event, you will be directly supporting and enhancing the health and well-being of all Casa Kids.
Meet the Chefs is an exquisite culinary experience offering guests the rare opportunity to sample signature dishes from over a dozen premier restaurants and chefs, complemented by an extensive selection of wines and champagne.
- Opportunity Drawings
- Live Music
Sunday, April 26, 2015
VIP Reception 12:45 PM – 1:30 PM
Chefs’ Tastings: 1:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Hilton San Diego/Del Mar
15575 Jimmy Durante Boulevard
Del Mar, CA 92014
Participating restaurants & chefs include:
- Americana Restaurant – Randy Gruber
- coastalKITCHEN at Hilton San Diego/Del Mar – Josh Grimes
- Del Mar Brigantine – Mason Garske
- Del Mar Rendezvous – Tony Su
- Dolce Pane E Vino – Anthony Ventura
- Harrah’s Resort Southern California – Jon Palsson
- Il Fornaio – Roberto Carboni
- Jake’s Del Mar – Duvinh Ta
- Kitchen 1540 – Brandon Fortune
- Pacifica Del Mar – Chris Powell
- Pamplemousse Grille – Jeffrey Strauss
- Poseidon – Mourad Jamal
- Red Traction’s – Jose Montano & Jose Mauricio Pineda
- Sbicca Del Mar – Harry Butcher
- Shimashi Izakaya – Yoshiaki Nohara
Stone Brewing Co., Young’s Market Company, and Veedercrest Estates are the sponsoring breweries and wineries at this year’s event.
Regular admission starts at $150 with VIP seating for $225 per person. Buy your tickets now!