North County has no shortage of spots to watch fireworks on the 4th of July. Celebrate Independence Day with friends and family at one of North County San Diego’s eight fireworks shows. We’ve got all the details all right here.
(Del Mar to Oceanside)
1. Oceanside – Annual Oceanside Fireworks Show
Oceanside starts the patriotic festivities early with a fireworks show on July 3rd. The annual fireworks display takes place at the El Corazon Senior Center off Rancho Del Oro Drive. Spectators are encouraged to park in nearby parking lots and walk over as parking can be tricky. This event is free to the public, however, there will be food trucks parked along Rancho Del Oro Drive selling their yummy goods. Look for road closures and park accordingly. Most of all, have fun!
- El Corazon Senior Center at Rancho Del Oro Drive
- 3302 Senior Center Drive
- July 3rd, 5:00 – 9:30 PM
2. Carlsbad – Legoland California’s Red, White, and Boom!
There are tons of rides and attractions at Legoland California. They amp up the fun with some “All-American” picnic games (sack races, water-balloon toss, etc.) and then end with a fabulous fireworks display. If you can’t make it to the park, there are a few spots locally to park and watch the fireworks show. To view the fireworks from inside the park, you must purchase a ticket for each person.
- LEGOLAND California Theme Park
- One Legoland Drive, Carlsbad, CA 92008′
- Park opens at 10:00 AM, Fireworks at 8:30 PM
3. Del Mar/Solana Beach – San Diego County Fair Fireworks Show
The San Diego County Fair at the Del Mar Fairgrounds out-does itself every year with a stellar fireworks show. And of course, there is delicious Fair food and entertainment all day long. Parking and getting to the fair can be tricky, so you will want to plan in advance. The Fair fireworks might be viewable from outside the fair, too You’ll want to choose a close or elevated location to get the best viewing. To view the fireworks inside the fair, you must purchase a fair ticket.
- Del Mar Fairgrounds
- 2260 Jimmy Durante Boulevard, Del Mar, CA 92014
- Fair opens 9:30 AM, Fireworks at 9:00 PM
(Rancho Bernardo to Escondido)
4. Vista – Independence Day Celebration
The Moonlight Amphitheatre, located within Brengle Terrace Park opens up and has prime viewing up on the grassy hill above the amphitheatre. There is always fantastic live music, an honorary ceremony involving the City of Vista and our service men and women and you got it – fireworks! $5/person inside the amphitheatre.
- Brengle Terrace Park/Moonlight Amphitheatre
- 1200 Vale Terrace Drive, Vista, CA 92084
- 7:00 to 10:00 PM
5. San Marcos – 4th of July Celebration
It’s lawn seating only for the celebration in San Marcos at Bradley Park, so be sure to bring blankets and low back chairs. The fun includes carnival games, bounce houses, plenty of food options available for purchase and, of course, fireworks!
- Bradley Park
- 465 S Rancho Santa Fe Rd, San Marcos, CA 92078
- 6:00 to 9:00 PM
6. Escondido – Independence Day Festival and Fireworks
Join the community of Escondido for their 54th Annual Independence Day Festival & Fireworks Show. It’s going to be a day and night filled with all kinds of patriotic fun for the whole family! There will be tasty food vendors, live music, and plenty of activities, games and fun for kids aged 0-99.
- California Center for the Arts, Escondido
- 340 N. Escondido Blvd., Escondido, CA 92025
- Festival begins at 4:00 PM, Fireworks at 9:00 PM
7. Poway – Fireworks Show at Poway High
Head on over to Lake Poway High School for DJ led music, games, activities for kids, plenty of delicious food, and a fireworks display to cap off the evening. Be sure to arrive early so that you have time to park. $5 per person/ children under 11 are free. Please note that the Old Fashioned 4th of July celebration at Poway Park takes place at a separate location. See below for that info.
- Poway High School
- 15500 Espola Road, Poway, CA 92064
- 6:00-9:00pm, Fireworks at 9:00 PM
8. Rancho Bernardo – Spirit of the Fourth
Webb Park in Rancho Bernardo will come alive on July 4th with a Community Fair featuring music, food, classic cars and even a patriotic pet contest, games and a parade.
End the evening with fireworks at Bernardo Heights Middle School. Please note that the fireworks are at a separate location.
- Webb Park – Community Fair
- Avena Pl And Bernardo Center Dr, Rancho Bernardo, CA 92128
- 9:00 AM to 9:30 PM
- Bernardo Heights Middle School
- 12990 Paseo Lucido, San Diego, CA 92128
- Fireworks at 9:00 PM
Fireworks Free Entertainment
We’ve also got the details on where to celebrate the 4th of July in a fireworks-free environment with parades, picnics, and some old fashioned fun.
Oceanside Independence Day Parade
This fireworks-free event is annual community favorite in Oceanside. From Wisconsin Avenue to Pier View Way, Coast Hwy comes alive with the spirit of independence and patriotic love. Come see plenty of floats, bands, support your local community groups, and so much more. For details on the fireworks show, see above.
- North on South Coast Hwy 101 from Wisconsin Ave to Pier View Way
- The Saturday before July 4th (July 1st)
- 10:00 AM
Rancho Santa Fe – July 4th Parade and Picnic
This is another fireworks-free event. Bring chairs and blankets for the 4th of July Parade & Picnic in Rancho Santa Fe. There will be a wonderful parade, tasty food, live music and more.
- 16948 Avenida de Acacias, Rancho Santa Fe, CA 92091
- 1:00 to 3:00 PM
Poway – Old Fashioned 4th of July
Celebrate an old-fashioned 4th of July at Old Poway Park. The festivities will be decked out “turn of the century style”, well 20th century that is. There will be old-fashioned gunfight reenactments, patriotic music, old-timey games and free crafts and activities for the kids. This event is free to the public. There are shuttles available in many locations. There will be no fireworks at this event. For details on the Poway fireworks show, see above.
- Old Poway Park
- 14134 Midland Road, Poway, CA 92064
- 10:00 AM -4:00 PM
Let us know in the comments below…Where do you love to watch fireworks in North County?
Do you know of any missing events that should be included in this guide? Contact us here or comment below.
INSIDER TIP: YNC members of our private Facebook Group get special offers to many local events. Become a member today!