Every Spring, the rolling hills of North San Diego County bloom into one of the most spectacular and coordinated displays of natural color and beauty anywhere in the world.
The annual return of colorful blooms is North County’s most beloved attraction and signals the unofficial start of spring. The nearly fifty acres of Giant Tecolote Ranunculus that make up The Flower Fields at Carlsbad Ranch in Carlsbad, California, are in bloom for approximately six to eight weeks every Spring. From early March through May, the sloping field just below Armada Dr. bursts into life.
Although The Flower Fields are open every day during the bloom season, it’s a lot more fun to visit during one of their special events.
Special Events in 2017
- Kid’s Day – April 2
- Field to Vase Dinner Tour – April 20 & 21 (Buy Tickets)
- Canon Photography Workshop – April 23
- Easter Sunday Service – April 16 (6:30am)
- Blues Day – April 26
- Bonsai Show and Sale – May 13-14
- Mother’s Day Celebration – May 14
Arts & Craft Shows
- March 25th & 26th
- April 1st & 2nd
- April 8th & 9th
- April 15th & 16th
- April 22nd
- April 29th & 30th
There are several solo artists and bands visiting the Flower Fields this Spring. From blues to swing to Zydeco, the fields are going to be hoppin! Check out the Flower Fields Special Events page for more details.
School Programs and Field Trips
The Flower Fields offers quality educational programs and field trip opportunities for kids all over the county. The program brings agriculture and gardening into the classroom and on-site at The Flower Fields. The Seed & Bulb Growing Program for preschool through second grade offers an in-class learning experience about the growing process of either a ranunculus bulb or sunflower, hands-on planting and growing, and an optional field trip to The Flower Fields for a guided tour of a working ranunculus farm. Craft, music, composting and wagon rides are included in the trip. The Investigative Program is for third through fifth grade and is an onsite program that combines hands-on time with the flowers and activities to give students a greater understanding of plants and flowers.
Weddings and Special Events at The Flower Fields
Looking to tie the knot? Or looking for a memorable location to host your next corporate event? Why not do it The Flower Fields? Not only does The Flower Fields provide its visitors with 50 acres of Giant Tecolote Ranunculus, an additional three acres of roses, orchids, sweet pea blossoms, petunias, poinsettias, and an ocean-view; it sets the stage for weddings and special events to take place in its newly built Paul Ecke Jr. Barn. March through May are the most ideal months for events because the flowers are in full bloom. However, The Flower Fields is open for events throughout the year.
- Season: Spring (March 1, 2017 through May 14, 2017)
- Hours: Open to the public seven days a week from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Tickets: Available for purchase online and onsite
- Prices: $14.00 for Adults, $13.00 for Seniors 60+, $7.00 for Children 3-10, Children 2 and under are free
- Wagon Rides: $5.00 for Adults, $3.00 for Children 3-10
- Information Line: (760) 431-0352
- Pets: For the protection of the flowers and for the health and safety of your pet, pets are not permitted.
- The Flower Fields is a Smoke-Free Environment
Photo Credit: Flower Fields