Park Hyatt Aviara Resort comes alive this season with a variety of ways for guests and the local community to gather and celebrate the holidays. Learn how to craft a unique gingerbread masterpiece, share Teddy Bear tea with Peppermint Princess, or get pampered with a festive spa treatment. The Resort will also help spread cheer to local military families with the annual Festival of Trees auction benefitting the Semper Fi Injured Marine Fund.
Special Holiday Events include…
Holiday Open House —
- Celebrate the holiday season at the first annual Holiday Open House. Enjoy a performance by a local elementary school choir and special appearances by the Peppermint Princess and Santa Clause! During the evening delight in the roaming carolers, complimentary Aviara Spa mini-treatments, a candy cane-lined Aviara Golf Club putting green, festive Photo Booth, cookie decorating, magical snowfall in the Palm Courtyard where snowflakes float from above and more!
Katie Ohh Concert —
- Park Hyatt Aviara is hosting its biggest holiday concert yet on Saturday, December 20th from 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. with special guest headliner Katie Ohh, winner of NBC’s The Winner Is. Katie Ohh introduces a captivating sound that is party country, part rock and all Katie Ohh. In the spirit of the holidays, book a standard guest room and receive complimentary tickets to Katie Ohh’s private live performance. Book a Park Suite and get two VIP passes to meet Katie Ohh in person before the concert begins.
This is a private concert reserved for resort guests only. Guests will receive up to 4 tickets per guest room booked. No tickets will be sold for the concert; the only way to attend is to confirm a booking on December 20, 2014.
Teddy Bear Tea at Lobby Lounge —
- Through December 21st, Park Hyatt Aviara will offer an exceptional tea experience for the whole family complete with entertainment and storytelling by the “Peppermint Princess.” Each child is asked to bring a teddy bear to be donated to the Ronald McDonald House. Price per adult is $42 and $49 for the Royal Tea, which includes a glass of port, sherry or sparkling wine; Children are $25. Available Friday through Sunday; 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Reservations are required and can be made by calling (760) 603-6907.
Gingerbread Decorating Classes —
- These fun hands-on classes are taught by Executive Pastry Chef Franck Riffaud, Park Hyatt Aviara’s own “Gingerbread Man,” who leads an engaging step-by-step tutorial on the art of gingerbread making and decorating. This year the resort will offer separate classes for Hotel Guests and Local Guests.
- Family Classes will be held on December 20th and 21st from 2:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. and are priced at $60 per adult and $40 per child. Children’s classes (ages 6-12 years) will be held on December 19th from 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. and 22nd from 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. and are priced at $40 per child. Pricing includes all materials. Advanced reservations are required and can be made by calling (760) 603-6907.
Throughout the Holiday Season Enjoy…
Gingerbread Mountain Village —
- Park Hyatt Aviara’s Gingerbread Mountain Village has become one of the must-see attractions in Carlsbad during the holidays. Using more than 20 pounds of sugar, 44 pounds of gingerbread, 12 pounds of Fondant and more to make this Gingerbread Mountain Village truly one of a kind! The Gingerbread Mountain Village will be on display in the Lobby from November 28th through December 22nd in the Lobby.
Festival of Trees —
- In the true spirit of giving this holiday season, Park Hyatt Aviara’s annual Festival of Trees and Silent Auction will continue. Bid on your favorite beautifully themed and professionally decorated tree and the net proceeds will benefit The Semper Fi Fund which assists local military and their families. The auction will be open for bids from November 28th through December 28th in the Lobby.
- Park Hyatt Aviara will observe the Festival of Lights. A menorah will be placed at sundown on December 16th and will remain on display until the close of the holiday on December 24th.
Specialty Winter Cocktails & Holiday Beverage Station
- Through January 1st, Park Hyatt Aviara will serve specialty winter cocktails, including House Made Mistletini’s and Cranberry Mojito’s at the hotel’s Lobby Lounge and Argyle Steakhouse. Complimentary hot chocolate and apple cider will be available for guests in the main Lobby.
Roasted Chestnuts —
- From December 19th through 24th, guests can enjoy complimentary roasted chestnuts fresh from a cast iron pan. Available on the Front Drive from 5:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
Festive Spa Offerings —
- Aviara Spa announces its Holiday Health Series featuring four treatments infused with winter ingredients. Treatments are available from through December 31st.
- Peppermint Massage – Delight in this full body peppermint massage to sharpen the mind, reduce inflammation and ease stress away this Holiday Season. 50 minute, $110 (regularly $160); 80 minute, $150 (regularly $225).
- Merry Berry Facial – Treat yourself to a nutritious facial as you celebrate the Holiday Season. During the treatment lactic acid exfoliation is combined with a vitamin rich Cranberry Pomegranate mask to revitalize and protect your skin while improving skin tone and texture. 50 minute, $110 (regularly $160).
- For reservations or more information: www.parkhyattaviara.com or call (760) 603.6902.