The second La Costa Film Festival merges a casual SoCal beach lifestyle with the glamor of Hollywood for a weekend of films and festivities designed to inspire a love of filmmaking. Films will be screened in several locations with the main events happening at Omni La Costa Resort and Spa from September 18-21, 2014.
Submissions are currently under review in the following categories:
- Sports Features and Shorts Juried Competition
- Narrative Features
- North San Diego County High School Student Short Film Competition
- Short Film Showcase
- Local San Diego County Filmmakers
The La Costa Film Festival kicks off on Thursday with the ‘Taste of North County’ Opening Night Gala at Omni La Costa Resort featuring live entertainment along with local craft beers, boutique wine and cuisine from the area’s best restaurants. The evening concludes with a special movie outdoor screening (TBD).
In addition to the Omni, other premieres and screenings will occur at Cinepolis Luxury Cinemas La Costa and the adjacent Ruby G. Schulman Theater/Carlsbad Dove Library.
Expect this year’s La Costa Film Festival to have a sporty twist. A new partnership with Mandalay Sports Media will help curate sports-themed content as well as expand outreach to filmmakers and distributors in this space.
“We had a very successful inaugural festival in 2013 with a wide variety of films, but we placed a special emphasis on sports because it connects with Carlsbad’s active year round lifestyle,” says La Costa Film Festival co-founder Ruby Callihan.
Would You Like to Volunteer?
Volunteers are still needed for the event though applicants must be ages 16 and older. In exchange, volunteers will receive a movie pass per shift among other benefits. Sitting in on panel discussions and movies just might be part of the job!
Early Bird Tickets Are Available Until August 22!
You never know who might be in attendance. And, guests will have the opportunity to hear filmmakers go into detail regarding their projects during panel discussions.
Early Bird tickets are on sale now and available in three different packages.
- Star Pass: This gives you access to all of the events including one VIP ticket to Opening Night Gala, one VIP ticket to Closing Night After Party and festival special events. Priority entrance for one to all screenings and panels and access for one to the VIP Lounge. ($310 Early Bird, $385 Regular)
- Film Lover Pass: You will receive priority entrance for one to all screenings and panels and access for one to the VIP lounge. This does not provide access to Opening Night Gala, Closing Night After Party and other special events. ($185 Early Bird, $225 Regular)
- Film Fan Package: Includes two tickets to the Opening Night or Closing Night film and eight vouchers for regular screenings or panels. ($110 Early Bird, $150 Regular)
La Costa Film Festival is marketed to residents but also as a destination event that will showcase Carlsbad as a desirable Southern California vacation spot.
Find out the latest regarding film selection and more by following the La Costa Film Festival on social media.
Yes, that is Andy Garcia and the cast of At Middleton. Were you at last year’s La Costa Film Festival, too?